Sunday, January 29, 2006

Do It Your Way

In this web log and in presentations I make I share my approach to teaching. My approach, however, may not be right for you. There are as many ways to teach as there are teachers. You need to assess the needs of your course, your students, and your style. What is the best way to achieve your course objectives? What are the learning styles of your students? What teaching methods fit your personality and values? At the same time, I suggest you stretch beyond your comfort zone. Experiment with new methodologies. Expose your students to different ways of learning. Discover new teaching capabilities. My sharing through this blog is meant to spark your own exploration of teaching. To be effective, your teaching needs to be an expression of who you are. To be a successful teacher, you need to do it your way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home