Sunday, February 05, 2006

Is This Student Serious?

Following is a recent email I received. I have deleted the name to protect the guilty. Is this student serious? You judge based on your own experience.

Dear Professor Alegre,

May I please have your class and office hour schedule so that I can meet with you to talk about what I need to do to get an A+ in your class?

Because of my work schedule, I won’t be able to attend any of your classes and because of a busy personal life, I won’t be able to complete any assignments. And, is it OK, if I take your exams late? My husband keeps me busy reading other stuff on weekends, so I don’t have time to study for your course. Oh, and my snow shoe team coach makes me attend practice daily, and I have a note for that. Hope that’s not a problem.

But, I am a really, really good student and I deserve an A+.

Sincerely,
[name deleted]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home